We are dedicated to the preservation of History. We invite you to join us in the upkeep of historical sites. Please visit our Preservation page to learn how to get involved!
Recent Club News
It is with great regret that we will be discontinuing our website in February 2014. We will stay connected with you on our Facebook page. Please give us a like to stay connected with Living History!
2013 Gallery of Events
It's been a busy year for the Living History members. We have taken lots of pictures and would like to share them with you. Head over to our Gallery to take a look at what we've been up to!
Our monthly meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at the St Ferdinand Shrine in the old School House
- Fort Osage Christmas on the Frontier — Saturday, November 30, 2013 9a-4:30 pm
- Boone Monument Village Christmas Tours — November 29-30 and December 6-7, 2013
- 1763 Dance at the Old Courthouse — Saturday, December 7, 2013 12-4 pm
- 1813 Dance at the Old Courthouse — Saturday, December 14, 2013 12-4 pm
- 1863 Dance at the Old Courthouse — Saturday, December 21, 2013 12-4 pm
- LHR Christmas Party and Twelfth Afternoon Dance at the Old Courthouse — January 4, 2014
- Boone Monument Village Spring Encampment — May 10-11, 2014
- Boone Monument Village Fall Encampment — October 9-12, 2014
Clothing, Not Costumes!
The clothing and accessories reenactors wear are oftentimes referred to as costumes. The word “costume” invokes images of sparkly Halloween costumes made from cheap and disposable materials. - See more at our Jargon of History Reenactors Page!